Thursday, August 8, 2013

But the Mini HDMI organization points out the Display Port

The adapter works well and I didn’t notice any artifacts or other video issues while playing HD content to the TV. The adapter fully supported  resolution, as stated in the features, when plugged into to my 46 Sharp Aquos. I was nervous that using Mini HDMI would cause overscan and not fit correctly in dot by dot mode; however, just as with the direct DVI connection port on the TV, the HDMI worked perfectly I used my LockPort for all of my last shots. Most of them were shot with my RedRock micro Shoulder Rig, which gives me maximum flexibility and is ideal for one man productions. During the previous shots I often bumped to the Mini HDMI cables and after a while both broke! There is nothing more annoying than a not working camera kit, especially if it is the only one. After the second cable broke I ordered the LockPort and it works awesome! I use it on my 7D since then and due to the simple design it is working very great. The large HDMI plug won't break unless you use brute force.Since this kind of cables is not defined in the Mini HDMI specifications, they weren’t tested according to the Compliance Testing Specifications. This means they are not licensed and can’t be sold.The Mini HDMI Display Port to HDMI cables are used mostly to connect Apple MacBooks to external displays. But there are other companies to use them too and a lot more that manufacture them.

No comments:

Post a Comment